Mijn kijk op de wereld, en een kijkje in de mijne...

donderdag 14 maart 2013

The importance of love


Please let me remind you of what I've been reminded of over and over again: the importance of love. 
Listen with me, I can hear the heart cries around me and within me: LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM. 

In this culture of extreme annointing it's easy to love someone for what they do, what they have, what they carry or what they can give. In this culture of willingness to help, it's easy to love someone for what they need. In this culture of fast changes, it's easy to love someone for who they were. In this prophetic culture, it's easy to love someone for who they will be. But the truth is, you will not love someone when they are who they will be unless you love them for who they are right now, because the person they will be is already in the person they are now. 

It's easy to love people for what they do, what they have, what they give, what they need, who they were and who they will be. It's a life task to love people for who they are. 

If your life is a pen and you're writing a message on every heart you encounter, the most powerful words you can engrave in their hearts is: "I love you for who you are and I want you to know the One whose nature is Love." 

When my time here on earth is done and I go to my beautiful King (how I love Him!), there's only one thing I want to hear from His mouth and read in His eyes. I don't care how powerful my ministry has been, how many churches have been awakened by my preachings and books, how many bodies and hearts have been healed through my prayers and not even how many people have said 'yes' to Jesus in my lifetime. I only care about one thing and that's hearing Him say: "She knew how to love people for who they are, because she saw Me in every single one of them." 

No matter what I say, what I believe and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
(1 Corinthians 13: 4, The Message). 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten