Mijn kijk op de wereld, en een kijkje in de mijne...

donderdag 3 januari 2013

Prophetic painting

Prophetic painting for me

My lovely roommate Kaitie gave me the most incredible Christmas present ever: she made this prophetic painting for me. Isn't it beautiful!?

This is so me. Seriously, this is a summary of who I am. The dancer, the freedom, the balance between order and chaos, the bright colors, the fire colors, the expressiveness: this is me!
And then the words, a part of the lyrics from a song:

"It was the rhythm of the dancers that gave the poet's life.
It was the spirit of the poets that gave the soldiers strength to fight.
It is the fire of the young ones,
it is the wisdom of the old." 
 - City on the hill 

That is me! Dancer, poet, soldier, fire and wisdom: things I am or want to be. Wow!
Every time I walk in my bedroom and see this painting above my bed, I get reminded of my identity and destiny!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten