Mijn kijk op de wereld, en een kijkje in de mijne...

maandag 18 februari 2013

Hunger and thankfulness

I believe in the balance between thankfulness and hunger. Hunger without thankfulness ends up in frustration or striving. Thankfulness without hunger ends up in settling down, and standing still is actually moving backwards. But I also believe that thankfulness and hunger are not two opposites. Hunger is a sign of thankfulness. Hunger says "I like this so much that I want more.", which is the ultimate way of expressing your value and thankfulness for the gift. And thankfulness for what we have already received, paves the way to receive the 'more' we're hungry for.

 The last weeks I realized how much more is available, whether it's through teachings, experiences, encounters with God or conversations with people who carry more Presence than I do yet. I can get either insecure and intimidated by it, or get inspired by it. I want to be inspired, learn, learn, learn, receive more, but yet remain as a child. Childlike hunger expects and desires the very best, never settles for less, but yet gives complete security in your identity right now and doesn't strive into receiving. 

 I pray for an increase in both thankfulness and hunger for everyone who reads this. There's always more! Please, please, please, never settle, you are way too awesome to shut yourself off by not stretching out for more!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten