Mijn kijk op de wereld, en een kijkje in de mijne...

dinsdag 19 februari 2013

Reality, Identity and Destiny



At school we've had some amazing teachings of Steve and Wendy Backlund about the power of words, declarations, hope and truth instead of lies. I knew about the power of words, but still I got a deeper revelation about the importance of speaking truth over your life.

Anytime I learn something, I don't want to just keep it on my knowledge-shelf, I want to apply it in my life. So put together a personal declaration. In this declaration I wrote down in 20 points who God have said I am, positive things about my identity and destiny, positive expectations for that day and the opposite truth of every lie I (have) believe(d) in. The first point is for example: "I am loved, I am a lover and I am lovable! To know me is to love me." The last point is: "It only becomes better. There's only increase in the Kingdom. I will go from glory to glory, the best is yet to come."  You get the idea ;)
Every morning I read this personalized declaration and a declaration we got from school out loud while doing my hair and make-up, a good preparation for the day! It's amazing how much I've changed by such a simple act of speaking the truth over my life, I feel less led by random thoughts and emotions and more led by truth and Gods Spirit. I can recognize lies in my thinking way easier and quicker now, because the truth I spoke over myself that morning pops in my head. The effects I already see are amazing!

So I decided to take it a step further. I bought a small binder and decided to create my Eline-book out of this. I wanted a place where I collected all my prophecies, encounters, testimonies, virtues and dreams. So I printed out all the prophecies that are spoken over me this school year. Prophecies are words of God spoken by people. In case you're wondering how you can know that those words are from God, I can testify you that it is true. I've received the exact same words about my future and my character several times by different people, sometimes people who don't know me at all and are not connected to the other people who told me the exact same words. Isn't that amazing?
I also printed out my most life-changing encounters I've had with God, some Scriptures that feel like my life-verses and a list of 60 dreams. A couple of months ago I started writing a list of 100 dreams for my life, both small and big dreams. I'm now at number 75 and I'm pretty excited for my life! :)

Now I have my heart put in a book and can read over my reality, identity and destiny as many times as I want!
I encourage you to do the same! Take the challenge and see for yourself what the results in your life will be.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten