Mijn kijk op de wereld, en een kijkje in de mijne...

woensdag 16 oktober 2013

The Timeless One

(I'm currently taking a writers class at school. One of the assignments was to write 200-400 words about the way we encounter God and connect with Him. I wrote a little poetic piece about how I meet with God in peaceful rest.) 

In the soft whispers of silence I hear my strong Savior speak. It's in the hidden corners of a world full of whirlwinds that I meet with the Prince of Peace. The Timeless One is never in a rush. 
He holds me tight as I unwind in His everlasting embrace. He trades pressure for peace, fear for freedom and hurry for hope. I linger at His feet as time seems to stand still. I dive into the depths of His gaze and let His furious love drown me. 
Only melodies of music surround me and only my pen can find the paper. Words form worlds when my eyes find the face of my Maker. I sketch the outlines of His countenance and allow the limited vocabulary of my heart to describe this Relentless Lover. The form of His faithfulness and the shape of His steadfastness paints the rest of my day. 
His loving affection pours over me like a powerful waterfall that I can barely stand. How can I ever receive a love so limitless? 
But I lean into His arms to hear His words in my ear. "And if you can't grasp it today, I will still be here tomorrow."
In rest I am found, in peace I will remain. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten